Bulb Manufacturers (will open in a new window or tab)
- Antique Light Bulb Co.
- Brooklyn Bulb Co.
- Bulbrite – Nostalgic and Nostalgic Smoke product lines
- Eurofase – Primarily fixtures but have a couple of bulb products
- Feit Electric – Larger vintage line than most manufacturers
- Ferrowatt – Bulbs and fixtures.
- Globe Electric – Bulbs, complete fixtures, and electrical accessories
Light Bulb Base/Socket Types
- Lightbulb socket – Article on Wikipedia, Edison bulbs are typically the Edison Screw type
- The full technical standard is ANSI C81-61 and is available for purchase at www.nema.org and at StandardsReports.com
- We’re currently looking for a quality comprehensive diagram that we can share, but an image search for “Light Bulb Base Types” will show you several.
Bulb Shapes Reference
- We’re currently looking for a quality comprehensive diagram that we can share, but an image search for “Light Bulb Shape Types” will show several good references.
Governing Bodies, Regulatory Agencies, Certifying Authorities
- NEMA – (U.S.) National Electrical Manufacturers Association – Develops technical standards and legislation around the generation, transmission, and use of electricity
- IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission – Develops global standards in conjunction with ISO and ITU
- UL – Underwriters Laboratories provides safety testing and certification for the U.S. and Canada
- CE marking – indicates product safety compliance for European countries