Articles / How-To
These articles are a great primer for working with Edison bulbs in design or DIY lighting projects.
- History of Edison Bulbs – Did you know that Edison was not the inventor of the light bulb? It existed 45 years before Edison was born.
- Brightness of Edison Bulbs – Lumens vs. Wattage – Are Edison bulbs bright enough? We see that question often. You can’t compare light bulbs watt for watt if you’re interested in brightness. It’s all about the lumens.
- Heat considerations for projects – DIY lighting projects are great, but a healthy awareness of safety is important too. Don’t start any fires.
- How to wire a light socket and plug – You’ll be wiring up lights in no time
- How does the ban of incandescent bulbs impact Edison bulbs? – Are Edison bulbs banned? Some yes, some no. Read on.
- Do you have a new light fixture that you built or bought? Here’s how to replace an existing light fixture.